The Fine Arts (Concentration in Ceramics) program at Virginia Commonwealth University promotes an artistic practice rooted in the values of craft. Students will investigate craft’s inherent relationship to the world with fearless innovation.
Student learning outcomes
- Aesthetic and cross-cultural understanding: The students will demonstrate mastery in aesthetic and cross-cultural understanding.
- Understanding of the contemporary of their field: The curriculum of craft and material studies is designed to provide students with a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of their field.
- Critique information interpretation: The students will be able to use knowledge gained from critique to improve creative work.
- Technique development: The students will demonstrate mastery of advanced craft techniques within their field.
- Professional practice: The students will demonstrate leadership in their field in teaching and/or studio management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Studies in Clay
- Candidacy Research
- Graduate Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 585 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.