At Physician Assistant Studies from University of Manitoba the practice of medicine includes the diagnoses and managing of diseases and health including the required therapeutic procedures, medications, and the supportive educating and counselling of patients.
Educated and qualified as medical generalists, PAs are lifelong scholars and professionals who receive additional education and experience during their career to develop knowledge of a speciality. PA practice in a wide variety of settings including remote, rural, urban, outpatient and inpatient environments.
Students at Physician Assistant Studies from University of Manitoba will:
- Obtain a history and perform a physical examination adapted to the patient’s clinical situation.
- Form clinical questions and gather clinical evidence that advances patient care, and communicate those results to the patient and medical team.
- Formulate and prioritized differential diagnoses.
- Develop and implement patient-centred therapeutic plans within the formalized physician and clinical team relationship.
- Accurately document and report clinical encounters with members of the patient care team.
- Collaborate as a member of an inter-professional team in all aspects of patient care and transition of care responsibility.
- Recognise a patient requiring immediate care, providing the appropriate management and seeking help as needed.
- Perform procedures identified in the CanMEDS-PA Medical Expert competencies.
- Participate in continuing professional and patient quality improvement, life-long learning, and scholarship.
- Engage and educate patients on procedures, disease management, health promotion, wellness, and preventive medicine.
- Recognise and advocate for the patient concerning cultural, community, and social needs in support of positive mental and physical health and wellness.
- Practise patient-focused safe, professional, competent medical care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physiology and Pathophysiology for Physician Assistants
- Human Anatomy for Physician Assistants
- Professional Studies of Physician Assistants
- Biochemistry for Physician Assistants
- Research and Clinical Practice for Physician Assistants
- Genetics for Physician Assistants
- 26 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSocial Work Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 42 other Masters in Social Work in Canada
- Four-year Bachelor's degree
- Successfully completed or be enrolled in undergraduate level courses (three credit hours each) in Human Anatomy, Human Physiology and Biochemistry if they were not included in the Bachelor's degree.
- Statement of Intent
- Self-Declaration Form
- Letters of Recommendation: 2
- Submit your transcripts (unofficial copies)
- English language proficiency
- Pay the application fee
- Minimum B average (3.0) in the last 60 credit hours or equivalent.
National19032 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9516 CAD per semester during 26 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.