Peace and Conflict Studies from University of Manitoba encompasses the analysis and resolution of social conflicts; peace research that examines the structural roots of social conflicts, divisions, and social inequalities; and strategies for building community and promoting social justice.
Students at Peace and Conflict Studies from University of Manitoba will:
- learn about the intervention for conflict resolution,
- learn about peace-building
- learn to create a culture of human rights that demands a high standard of commitment
- Interpersonal Communication, Problem-Solving, and Trust-building
- Theories of Conflict and Conflict Resolution
- International Conflict Resolution and Peace-building
- Violence Intervention and Prevention
- Intercultural Conflict Resolution and Peace-Building
- Special Topics in Peace and Conflict Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law Terrorism & Security View 36 other Masters in International Relations in Canada
- Four-year Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) earned in either (a) peace & conflict studies; or (b) another related discipline.
- Statement of Intent.
- Publication/Writing Sample.
- Letters of Recommendation: 2
- Submit your transcripts (unofficial copies)
- English language proficiency
- Pay the application fee
- Minimum B average (3.0) in the last 60 credit hours or equivalent.
International11748 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5874 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5340 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2670 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.