Graduates of this Engineering (Concentration in Chemical and Life Science Engineering) degree at Virginia Commonwealth University will pursue careers in business/industry and government, or will pursue doctoral degrees.
- Advanced research skills: To produce graduates who possess the necessary advanced analytical, technical and research skills in engineering and the sciences – responds directly to the higher goal of fulfilling the needs of industry, academe and research laboratories for effective, productive engineers, professors and researchers
- Communication: To produce graduates who possess a facility with both written and oral communications – emanates from the requirement that engineers, researchers and professors must be able to interact and share ideas with others in the work environment, and at a higher level, be capable of creative self-expression, conveying knowledge and leadership
- Advanced problem-solving: To produce graduates who demonstrate creativity and innovation in solving technological problems – stems from the realization that new knowledge and new solutions to existing problems are necessary to meet the needs of our changing society and to advance the quality of human life
Student learning outcomes
- Apply advanced knowledge of mathematics, science or engineering: Graduates will demonstrate an ability to apply advanced knowledge of mathematics, science or engineering.
- Communicate effectively: Graduates will demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems: Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Analysis in Chemical and Life Science Engineering
- Equilibrium Analysis in Chemical and Biological Systems
- Nonequilibrium Analysis in Chemical and Life Science Engineering
- Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Research Seminar in Chemical and Life Science Engineering
- Directed Research in Chemical and Life Science Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1054 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.