Graduates of this program will pursue careers in business/industry and government, or will pursue doctoral degrees.
- Advanced technical skills: To produce graduates who possess the necessary advanced analytical and technical skills in engineering and sciences in order to respond directly to the higher goals of fulfilling the needs of industry for effective, productive engineers and of providing economic development for the region, state and nation
- Communication: To produce graduates who possess a facility with both written and oral communications so that engineers will be able to interact and share ideas with others in the work environment, and at a higher level, be capable of creative self-expression and leadership
- Advanced problem-solving: To produce graduates who demonstrate creativity and innovation in solving technological problems stemming from the realization that new knowledge and new solutions to existing problems are necessary to meet the needs of our changing society and to advance the quality of human life
The ability to apply advanced knowledge of mathematics, science or engineeringThe ability to communicate effectivelyThe ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
More informationVisit official programme website
- Concentration-specific component: ENGR course work
- Electives: engineering or science course work
- Directed Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 308 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Application to graduate study, including the application for Virginia in-state tuition.
- Personal statement submitted with the online application.
- $70 application fee.
- Three reference letters submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts from each institution you attended are required.
- Official test scores, if required by your program.
- Your resume, if requested by the department to which you are applying.
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.