Graduates of this Engineering program at Virginia Commonwealth University will pursue careers in business/industry and government, or will pursue doctoral degrees.
- Advanced technical skills: To produce graduates who possess the necessary advanced analytical and technical skills in engineering and sciences in order to respond directly to the higher goals of fulfilling the needs of industry for effective, productive engineers and of providing economic development for the region, state and nation
- Communication: To produce graduates who possess a facility with both written and oral communications so that engineers will be able to interact and share ideas with others in the work environment, and at a higher level, be capable of creative self-expression and leadership
- Advanced problem-solving: To produce graduates who demonstrate creativity and innovation in solving technological problems stemming from the realization that new knowledge and new solutions to existing problems are necessary to meet the needs of our changing society and to advance the quality of human life
Student learning outcomes
Graduates of the M.S. in Engineering degree program will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to apply advanced knowledge of mathematics, science or engineering
- The ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concentration-specific component: This component allows the student to pursue a series of courses that focus on a specific field of engineering and serve as the student’s primary engineering discipline.
- Electives component: This component allows the student to take courses in either engineering or science with approval of the student’s adviser.
- Directed research component: This component emphasizes research directed toward completion of degree requirements under the direction of an adviser and advisory committee.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 332 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.