Applicants must possess an active renewable educator license and are expected to have at least two years of experience in a school setting in an instructional personnel position that requires licensure in Virginia. An end-of-program assessment is required. Individuals must meet technology standards approved by the Virginia Board of Education, and they must supply proof of child abuse and neglect recognition training. Individuals who successfully complete the Educational Leadership (Concentration in Administration and Supervision) degree at Virginia Commonwealth University are eligible for endorsement as an administrator/supervisor K-12.
Student learning outcomes
- Content knowledge: Candidates demonstrate content knowledge in educational leadership as evidenced by the School Leaders Licensure Assessment and the school law case study.
- Develop supervisory plan for learning: Candidates demonstrate the ability to develop a supervisory plan for classroom-based learning as evidenced by the clinical supervision model.
- Internship/clinical practice: Candidates demonstrate effective applications in internship/clinical practice as evidenced by the on-site supervisor evaluation.
- Assess ability to support student learning and development: Candidates demonstrate ability to support student learning and development as evidenced by the leadership to support student learning assessment.
- Assess application of content: Candidates demonstrate application of content as evidenced by the action research project.
- Assess management and community relations: Candidates demonstrate organizational management and community relations skills as evidenced by the educational intervention plan.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- School Law
- Leadership for Educational Change and Improvement
- understanding Diversity and Leading far Social Justice
- Principals as Human Resource Agents
- Leadership for Individualized Learning
- Enhancing and Supporting Instruction
- The Business of Schools
- understanding and Engaging School Communities
- Multiple Dimensions of Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1725 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25956 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25956 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12618 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.