Native Studies from University of Manitoba offers opportunities for specialization in First Nation, Inuit and Métis histories, cultures, social and theoretical issues.
Students at Native Studies from University of Manitoba will:
- think creatively, logically, and critically.
- gain an understanding of unique worldviews
- gain skills in research, qualitative interviewing and fieldwork, as well as in refining their writing ability.
Our graduates have attained careers with Indigenous organizations (both, regional and national), the federal, provincial, and municipal governments of Canada, public health, law firms, law enforcement, politics, public relations, local community organizations, business, museums, social services agencies, research centres, private consulting, media, schools, non-profit organizations, among others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Selected Topics in Native Studies
- Methodology and Research Issues in Native Studies
- Issues in Colonization
- Culture: Theory and Praxis
- Native Studies Colloquia
- Seminar in Aboriginal Economy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Literature View 62 other Masters in Languages in Canada
- Four-year Bachelor's degree with a major in Native Studies.
- Three Page Statement of Intent
- Supervisor Support
- Academic Letters of Recommendation: 2
- Minimum B average (3.0) in the last 60 credit hours or equivalent.
International11748 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5874 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National5340 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2670 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.