Graduates of the program should be well-qualified to conduct applied economic analysis in either a government or corporate research setting. The program also is an excellent preparation for entry into a doctoral program in economics or finance.
Student learning outcomes:
- Students will use optimization techniques to develop demand and cost conditions from specifications of underlying utility and technology. Specifically, given a simple functional form for utility, students will be able to solve for optimal individual demand and, given a production technology, students will be able to solve for the firm’s cost curves.
- Students will understand and know how to apply quantitative macroeconomic models.
- Students will critically evaluate the validity of conclusions drawn from econometric models by others who have access to the primary data. In the AACSB classifications, this is a management-specific goal.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Microeconomic Theory
- Advanced Macroeconomic Theory
- Mathematical Economics
- Financial Markets
- Econometric Time-series Analysis
- Panel and Nonlinear Methods in Econometrics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 444 other Masters in Finance in United States
- Application to graduate study, including the application for Virginia in-state tuition.
- Personal statement submitted with the online application.
- $70 application fee.
- Three reference letters submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts from each institution you attended are required.
- Official test scores, if required by your program.
- Your resume, if requested by the department to which you are applying.
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.