At Music from University of Manitoba you will pursue your major practical study in a conservatory-style atmosphere, with the freedom to explore many musical styles, from traditional classical to modern and experimental genres. Mentorship and a team approach are at the heart of the outstanding education you will receive.
Students at Music from University of Manitoba will:
- learn from renowned professionals with a passion for teaching.
- be active in the international music world, continuing to perform, record, compose, conduct and publish regularly.
- develop your individual talents and your ability to collaborate with other gifted artists.
- Music History Seminar
- Bibliography and Research Methods
- Piano Repertoire Seminar
- Major Practical Study
- Coaching Skills
- Electroacoustic Music
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 54 other Masters in Music in Canada
- Four-year Bachelor of Music or a Conservatory Diploma offered in Residence
- Statement of Intent
- Repertoire Listing
- Portfolio (Composition stream only) - Mail directly to Desautels Faculty of Music
- Conducting video and Score Analysis (Conducting stream only)
- Letters of Recommendation: 2
- Submit your transcripts (unofficial copies)
- English language proficiency
- Pay the application fee
- Minimum B average (3.0) in the last 60 credit hours or equivalent.
International11748 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5874 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5340 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2670 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.