- To provide an academic environment for inquiry in which expertise and knowledge in basic sciences and clinical periodontics can be achieved
- To provide a sound background in medicine as it applies to the periodontal patient
- To provide a sound background in oral pathology
- To be able to interpret, critique and apply periodontal and associated literature
- To develop sound diagnostic, clinical, nonsurgical and surgical skills
- To provide didactic instruction and clinical training in the area of dental implants
- To provide methods of pain and anxiety control, including ADA certification in intravenous conscious sedation
- To provide an environment for the interpretation and implementation of research
- Enable successful completion of the American Board of Periodontology exam
- To develop sound lifelong didactic and clinical learning skills
- To provide specialists in periodontics for community health care, professional service and dental education
The objectives of the Dentistry (Concentration in Periodontics) program from Virginia Commonwealth University:
- To be exposed to the basic sciences and be able to apply concepts to clinical periodontics
- To be able to critically critique and interpret the old and new literature
- To have an understanding of oral pathology and medicine as it applies to management of the periodontal patient
- To have residents become exposed to and proficient in multiple nonsurgical and surgical treatment modalities
- To become competent in the treatment planning, site preparation, surgical placement and maintenance of dental implants
- To obtain competency and certification in enteral and parental conscious sedation
- To complete research, M.S.D. and prepare a paper for presentation and publication
- To prepare the student to successfully complete Part I and II of the American Board of Periodontology examination
- To develop communication and presentation skills and lifelong learners
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Update in Practice Administration
- Biostatistics and Research Design in Dentistry
- Orthodontic-Periodontic-AEGD Conference
- Interdisciplinary Care Conference
- Thesis Guidance
- Physical Diagnosis
- Anesthesiology Rotation
- Conscious Sedation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDentistry View 100 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 36 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.