About the Program
The program meets the educational requirements for limitation of practice to the specialty of Endodontics, and prepares the student for examination by the American Board of Endodontics.
The Endodontics program at Virginia Commonwealth University is composed of two interrelated components: lecture courses that provide the student with a firm biological basis for patient care, and lectures, seminars and clinical training designed to produce clinical proficiency in Endodontics. Research experience is gained through completion of an individual research project and master's thesis. The clinical curriculum will occupy approximately 50-60% of the resident's time and the didactic, teaching, and research components make up the remaining 40-50% of the program.Students completing the program earn a specialty Certificate in Endodontics and a Master of Science in Dentistry degree. Students must complete the requirements for the Master degree prior to being awarded the specialty certificate.
- Update in Practice Administration
- Biostatistics and Research Design in Dentistry
- Interdisciplinary Care Conference
- Specialty of Endodontics
- Oral Pathology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry View 767 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement indicating your interest in the specialty of Endodontics, including information about your experience and career goals (personal and professional)
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- Official copies of dental school transcripts
- GPA/class ranking forwarded from the dean's office of the dental school attended
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can personally attest to your personal and professional qualities, including at least one letter from an individual who can discuss your endodontic skills
- 2x2 inch photograph
- A non-refundable $50 application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.