The program meets the educational requirements for limitation of practice to the specialty of endodontics and prepares the student for examination by the American Board of Endodontics.
Students completing the program earn a specialty Certificate in Endodontics and a Master of Science in Dentistry degree. The program conforms to the Standards for Advanced Specialty Education in Endodontics and carries a full approval status from the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.
Student learning outcomes:
- Formulate and conduct a relevant research project as evidenced in the completion of a master’s thesis in a publishable format for a refereed journal
- Be equipped to practice evidence-based endodontics
- Have demonstrated the ability to communicate with patients, colleagues in general dentistry, dental specialties, medicine and other health care practitioners in the provision of ethical and informed patient care
- Be proficient in: Diagnosis, treatment planning and prognosis of pulpal and periradicular disease; Provision of nonsurgical endodontics, retreatment and surgical endodontics; Outcome assessment; Diagnostic imaging technologies; Management of medically compromised patients; Emergency management of endodontic conditions; Management of orofacial pain and dental anxiety; Use of magnification technologies; Use of emerging techniques of endodontic treatment; Management of traumatic dental injuries.
- Be eligible to sit for the Diplomate Boards of the American Board of Endodontists
More informationVisit official programme website
- Biostatistics and Research Design in Dentistry
- Interdisciplinary Care Conference
- Thesis Guidance
- Basic Sciences and Graduate Dentistry
- Introduction: Specialty of Endodontics
- Advanced Oral Pathology
- Management of Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
- Endodontic Therapy Lectures
- Endodontic Topic Literature Review
- Endodontic Clinical Seminars
- Endodontic Management of the Medically Compromised Patient
- Endodontic Current Literature Review
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDentistry View 97 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
- Graduation from an accredited university or its equivalent, with a Doctor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry or the international equivalent
- For international students, an external credential evaluation of all international transcripts to complete the application (WES, ECE, and AACRAO are some of the recommended NACES-approved providers.)
- One “dean’s letter” from the academic institution from which the individual received the dental degree that gives class rank, GPA and overall academic recommendation
- Two letters of recommendation
- A written letter of professional intent or biographical statement
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.