The Dentistry (Concentration in Endodontics) program from Virginia Commonwealth University meets the educational requirements for limitation of practice to the specialty of endodontics and prepares the student for examination by the American Board of Endodontics.
Students completing the program earn a specialty Certificate in Endodontics and a Master of Science in Dentistry degree. The program conforms to the Standards for Advanced Specialty Education in Endodontics and carries a full approval status from the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.
Student learning outcomes
Graduates of this program will:
- Formulate and conduct a relevant research project as evidenced in the completion of a master’s thesis in a publishable format for a refereed journal
- Be equipped to practice evidence-based endodontics
- Have demonstrated the ability to communicate with patients, colleagues in general dentistry, dental specialties, medicine and other health care practitioners in the provision of ethical and informed patient care
- Be proficient in:
Diagnosis, treatment planning and prognosis of pulpal and periradicular disease
Provision of nonsurgical endodontics, retreatment and surgical endodontics
Diagnostic imaging technologies
Management of medically compromised patients
Emergency management of endodontic conditions
Management of orofacial pain and dental anxiety
Use of magnification technologies
Use of emerging techniques of endodontic treatment
Management of traumatic dental injuries
- Be eligible to sit for the Diplomate Boards of the American Board of Endodontists
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Update in Practice Administration
- Biostatistics and Research Design in Dentistry
- Interdisciplinary Care Conference
- Thesis Guidance
- Specialty of Endodontics
- Oral Pathology
- Management of Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
- Endodontic Therapy Lectures
- Endodontic Topic Literature Review
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDentistry View 100 other Masters in Dentistry in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.