The Applied Economics area emphasizes course work in economic theory, research methods, and quantitative techniques. The option is designed to prepare students for careers in agricultural economics research in private and public sectors and for Ph.D. programs at other institutions.
The Agribusiness specialization is a broad-based program which combines training in agribusiness management, economic analysis, and agricultural sciences. Training may include biotechnology, processing, and food and environmental safety. Students are prepared for a variety of successful careers in agribusiness by fulfilling the requirements for expertise in quantitative methods and developing a rigorous background in economic theory and research.
The Departments of Agribusiness and Applied Economics and Civil Engineering, in conjunction with the Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute, offer an interdisciplinary graduate program in multimodal transportation. The program includes rural and non-metropolitan planning, highway and railroad engineering, freight transportation operations and economics, and agribusiness logistics and distribution. Both thesis and comprehensive study options are available.
Students of all options in the Agribusiness and Applied Economics program at North Dakota State University have complete access to well-equipped research facilities and to faculty supervision time. The department has an excellent placement record with national and international agricultural and business firms, as well as government agencies.
Analytical Methods for Applied Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Agribusiness View 57 other Masters in Agribusiness in United States
- You are required to submit your online application and nonrefundable $35 application fee
- A statement of purpose is required for admission consideration and must be uploaded to your online application
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Submitting your transcripts (statement of marks)
- All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship or residency, must demonstrate proficiency with the English language before they will be considered for admission to a graduate program
- Applicants to the program must have earned a grade of B or higher in intermediate microeconomics and statistics including linear regression, and a grade of C or better in calculus
International21270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 709 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 405 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.