In addition, students in the Sustainability, Environment and Energy program of the Chung Yuan Christian University are encouraged to have a more different aspects not only in the College of Engineering, but also in the College of Science and the College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. The SEE program students must fulfill a minimum 34 credits in courses, including 10 required credits. SEE program offers the opportunities for participating the international conferences and symposiums. CYCU Language Center also provides comprehensive levels of Chinese course if the SEE students are interested in Chinese.
After fulfilling all courses and master thesis, the students will be awarded the “Master of International Program in Sustainability, Environment and Energy”.
International Master Program in Sustainability, Environment and Energy (SEE) is an interdiscipline program including five departments in the College of Engineering. The College of Engineering in Chung Yuan Christian University (CYCU) has comprehensive resources on teaching and research capability in chemical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering and environmental engineering. SEE program aims to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge in the sustainability, environment and energy, with special reference to not only the Asian but also the global settings.
In particular, SEE program caters to the rising demand from the industry and government sectors with the contemporary views focused on sustainability, environment and energy. In addition to the technical sciences, graduates from SEE program are expected to be equipped with holistic knowledge in the related sustainable, energy and environmental aspects of economics, policies and regulations. Based on such knowledge, the graduates can develop innovative and creative solutions to various energy and environmental problems and make a better world and sustainable environment for the humanity.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Special Topics in Environmental Engineering
- Water Resource Regeneration Techniques
- Environmental Biological Treatment Processes
- Special Topics in International Environmental Health
- Environmental and occupational epidemiology
- Environmental Biological Technique
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in environmental sciences or an engineering discipline. Those with an undergraduate degree in other disciplines but, with an attainment of A-level score or equivalent, or sufficient working experience in the related fields, will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also provide the following English proficiency requirement: TOEFL score or IELTS.
- The completed and signed application form
- The original graduation diploma/certificate of undergraduate education received
- Official transcripts of academic records (undergraduate and graduate) from the university Registrar’s office
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study Plan
- Resume / CV
- Autobiography (Introduce yourself - to compose it as an article)
- Financial statement
- Photocopy of the passport (identification page)
International4400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2200 EUR per semester during 12 months.
National4402 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2201 EUR per semester during 12 months.
- NT$ 69,000/semester
Living costs for Taoyuan City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.