The goals of the Curriculum and Instruction (Concentration in Online Teaching) program at Virginia Commonwealth University are:
- Expand on participants’ current teaching expertise in instructional strategies, curriculum design and assessment and evaluation to adapt to fully online and hybrid teaching environments
- Foster the development of instructional leaders who can model and articulate best practices in online teaching within K-12 environments
Student learning outcomes
- Demonstrate effective electronic communication methods for instruction in the K-12 environment
- Reflect on current research and standards for online/blended course design/facilitation and articulate a personal philosophy of practice in these areas
- Demonstrate effective virtual systematic instructional design though the development of a virtual learning environment
- Demonstrate effective facilitation of virtual instruction including employment of techniques to encourage discussion, development of policies and procedures for digital communications and online conflict moderation, and use of effective virtual tools to improve learning
- Demonstrate knowledge of effective strategies for assessment and evaluation in online environments through the development of rubrics and alternative assessment tools
- Demonstrate knowledge of the TPACK framework in designing instruction with appropriate virtual tools
- Demonstrate knowledge of online time and course management through the development of policies and procedures to assist online learners with these issues, and the development of appropriate materials that reflect effective time and course management by the course facilitator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Education
- Democracy, Equity, and Ethics in Education
- Advanced Educational Psycholagyfar Elementary Teachers
- Social Statistics
- Curriculum Development
- Instructional Models and the Curriculum
- Current Topics in Virtual Teaching
- Facilitating Digital Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 343 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25956 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25956 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12618 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.