- Expand on participants’ current teaching expertise in instructional strategies, curriculum design and assessment and evaluation to adapt to fully online and hybrid teaching environments
- Foster the development of instructional leaders who can model and articulate best practices in online teaching within K-12 environments
- Participants will demonstrate effective electronic communication methods for instruction in the K-12 environment.
- Participants will reflect on current research and standards for online/blended course design/facilitation and articulate a personal philosophy of practice in these areas.
- Participants will demonstrate effective virtual systematic instructional design though the development of a virtual learning environment.
- Participants will demonstrate effective facilitation of virtual instruction including employment of techniques to encourage discussion, development of policies and procedures for digital communications and online conflict moderation, and use of effective virtual tools to improve learning.
- Participants will demonstrate knowledge of effective strategies for assessment and evaluation in online environments through the development of rubrics and alternative assessment tools.
- Participants will demonstrate knowledge of the TPACK framework in designing instruction with appropriate virtual tools.
- Participants will demonstrate knowledge of online time and course management through the development of policies and procedures to assist online learners with these issues, and the development of appropriate materials that reflect effective time and course management by the course facilitator.
- Research Methods in Education
- Seminar on Educational Issues, Ethics and Policy
- Advanced Educational Psychology for Elementary Teachers
- Introduction to Social Statistics
- Curriculum Development
- Instructional Models and the Curriculum
- Facilitating Digital Communication
- Instructional Design of Online Environments
- Assessment and Evaluation in Online Environments
- Content Focus Workshop
- Course Development Practicum
- Time and Course Management for Online Learning
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1061 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Application to graduate study, including the application for Virginia in-state tuition.
- Personal statement submitted with the online application.
- $70 application fee.
- Three reference letters submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts from each institution you attended are required.
- Official test scores, if required by your program.
- Your resume, if requested by the department to which you are applying.
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of .
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.