The college student development and counseling concentration prepares critically reflective counselors with specialized knowledge and skills required for placement in postsecondary institutions.
Through coursework and clinical experiences, students obtain knowledge of basic counseling theory and practice, competencies in essential counseling services, skills necessary to evaluate evidence-based research and to implement it in practice, and a dedication to continuing professional development.
Please keep in mind, however, that the exact course requirements may vary depending on when you matriculated into the program, so please consult your adviser or the program coordinator with any additional questions.
The faculty makes every effort to assist students in individualizing a graduate program to match their professional needs and interests. However, individualization takes place in an environment of legitimate constraints revolving around institutional, accreditation and licensure requirements. Faculty members view each program as more than simply an aggregate of courses, and students should plan all program work with their faculty advisers.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice in Counseling
- Theories of Counseling
- Techniques of Counseling
- Group Procedures in Counseling
- Career Information and Exploration
- Assessment Techniques for Counselors
- Multicultural Counseling in Educational Settings
- Practicum: College Student Development and Counseling
- Seminar in Counseling
- Student Development Services in Higher Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 3531 other Masters in Education in United States
- VCU Graduate School requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline
- Written essay addressing your career interests
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from previous academic work
- At least a 3.0 GPA on last 60 hours of coursework
- GRE score of 290 or higher, or MAT score of 386 or higher
- A personal interview may be requested
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.