The Directing program at Florida State University is designed to give students the skills they will need to continue their own development and growth as directors in professional theatre.
The curriculum provides a careful balance of academic classes, studio work, and production experience.
During the three years, students will direct fully mounted productions and a variety of other projects. Only three students are accepted every other year to insure close personal attention and to provide sufficient production experience for each student. In addition to applying to the program, students must also apply to Florida State University.
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- The curriculum provides a careful balance of academic classes, studio work, and production experience. During the three years, students will direct fully mounted productions and a variety of other projects.
- Only three students are accepted every other year to insure close personal attention and to provide sufficient production
- Graduate Record Examination
- Advanced Theatre Studies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 704 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre from an accredited college or university. (Students who do not hold a Theatre degree must show evidence of substantial course work and/or experience in theatre to indicate probability of achieving success in advanced theatre studies)
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) during the last two years of study for a bachelor’s degree or of 3.0 on a masters degree from an accredited university; OR an acceptable score on the combined verbal and quantitative portions of the Graduate Record Examination taken within the last 5 years
- Specific approval of the faculty and program director within the School of Theatre
International33300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 36 months.
National33300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State14370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 479 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.