Food consumption is deeply rooted in the culture and the emotion. Eating is a vital need as it is a means of social integration, a source of pleasure and a reflection of convictions and self-image.
In addition, everywhere in the world and in Europe, in particular, local agriculture and local food products are linked to communities, habits and know-hows.
Local, traditional food products and products of origin designation are getting a greater attention by many actors (politics, citizens, consumers and tourists).
These foods are a gateway to other cultures, people and places.
The Erasmus Mundus Food Identity is a multidisciplinary programme at ESA - École Supérieure d'Agriculture d'Angers (France Agro³) .
The joint MSc programme is designed to develop both technical and commercial skills through a curriculum focusing on local and traditional food products. It takes place in 4 countries (France, Italy, Romania and Greece).
The training combines theory with practical experiences gained through applied work in pilot plants, visits to production sites and to retailers. They work on case studies hand in hand with producers and other professionals.
This path gives all the essential elements and tools for a successful development of local and traditional food products from the producers to the consumers within the global market context.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concept of the localised and typical food products
- Food processing of typical products
- Quality management of typical products
- International agribusiness management
- International policies and regulations
- International agribusiness marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- First recruitments on 31 January
- Second recruitment on 30th April
- Final recruitment July, 12 for EU residents only
DisciplinesAgribusiness Food Sciences Agriculture View 15 other Masters in Agriculture in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A “Bachelor of Science” (3 years of scientific training or economic or sociology science), a MSc degree, or equivalent diploma for other countries.
- A good level of English is compulsory (CEFL B2 or equivalent). A level of French is not required for the recruitment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.