The Environmental Engineering MSEV program offered at University of South Florida has an optional concentration in Engineering for International Development allows students to combine their graduate education and research with international engineering service.
The M.S.E.V. with thesis is a research-oriented degree in which the student writes, as a major part of the degree requirements, a thesis that defines, examines, and reports in depth on a subject area relevant to Environmental Engineering. Both the thesis and non-thesis options prepare graduates for careers with governmental agencies, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), or private industry and firms involved in Environmental Engineering planning, design, or policy.
The environmental engineering laboratories provide state-of-the-art analytical and experimental equipment for chemical and biological research. Equipment includes an ion chromatograph, atomic absorption spectrophotometer, several gas chromatrographs (including with mass spectometry), HPLC, TOC machine, and environmental chambers. Field research sites are available locally and in several international settings that include developing world communities.
Graduates of the major are prepared for careers in academia, governmental agencies, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), or private industry and firms involved in planning, design, research and development, or policy.
Major Research Areas:
- Water quality engineering
- air quality engineering
- fate and transport of contaminants in the environment
- environmental biotechnology and nanotechnology
- waste management
- sustainability and ecological engineering
- surface water hydrology and hydraulics
- groundwater hydrology
- water reuse
- green engineering
- renewable energy
- fate of emerging contaminants
- humanitarian engineering with a focus on the developing world
- Physical and Chemical Principles in Environmental Engineering
- Biological Principles of Environmental Engineering
- Aquatic Chemistry
- Green Engineering for Sustainability
- Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure (RESIN)
- Sustainable Development Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Sustainable Development View 261 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an approved regionally accredited institution (or international equivalent).
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
- GRE scores
- Two (2) Letters of Reference provided at the time of application. EFD students must submit 3 Letters of Reference.
- Statement of Purpose provided at the time of application.
- Resume provided at the time of application.
- Exceptions made on a case-bay-case basis where warranted.
- English language proficiency
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.