Why study the Economics - Financial Economics programme offered at the Radboud University
- We want to educate a new generation of finance professionals, who not only understand traditional approaches in financial economics but who can also integrate modern behavioural and institutional aspects.
- We offer a sound theoretical foundation and encourage students to apply theoretical concepts to real-world situations. In that way, students get a good understanding of the highly volatile behaviour of financial markets, including bubbles, crashes and crises.
- You will be trained to think independently and critically about the way in which financial economics can be applied in your professional field and you will develop skills that will make a difference in the highly competitive global labour market.
Our graduates have the necessary knowledge and skills to work for commercial banks, investment banks, and various types of stand-alone investment funds, as well as financial exchanges.
Furthermore, careers in finance ministries or other governmental or non-governmental bodies of financial market oversight, such as central banks, the IMF and the World Bank, are also well within your reach. Due to our international approach, and by choosing the relevant electives, this Master’s can also prepare you for financial careers in multinational enterprises or large national companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Financial Markets
- Methods of Empirical Analysis
- Pluralisms in Economics
- Advanced Behavioural Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Macroeconomics and Policy
- Culture and Institutions
- Financial Risk Management
- Advanced Financial Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- 1 April: Final deadline
- 1 July: Final deadline
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 129 other Masters in Economics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Your admission into this programme depends on your previous education. You are admissible if you have a completed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a similar (or related) field from another research university with a fair number of courses in your preferred specialisation. Your degree must be equivalent to a Dutch Research University diploma.
- Proficiency in English
- A list of all courses you have taken, are taking and are planning to take including course content, number of hours and literature used.
- Sworn translations of diploma and grades if documents are in a language other than Dutch, English or German.
- A motivation letter. Please describe what you would like to learn and research at Radboud University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We have a number of scholarships available only for international Master’s students. You can find the full list, including details about eligibility requirements and how to apply, on the university's website
- Please do note, that most of these scholarships are not fully funded. The Radboud Scholarship Programme (RSP) is the only scholarship that offers both fully and partially funded scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.