Also, you will learn about the possible implications of measures taken to regulate them. You are challenged to go further than simply understanding the concepts and to think creatively about ground breaking ideas of how to regulate constantly developing financial markets and new financial instruments. It’s about trying to get financial markets to work more efficiently, without exuberant bubbles and catastrophic crashes, and in support of a prospering world economy.
Future career opportunities
- Commercial banks
- Investment banks
- Financial exchanges
- Ministry of finance
- Governental bodies of financial market oversight
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Financial Markets
- Societal Challenges in Economics
- Methods of Empirical Analysis
- Advanced Behavioural Finance
- Financial Risk Management
- Advanced Financial Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 65 other Masters in Finance in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Master’s in Economics is accessible for students with a completed Bachelor's Degree in the field of Economics from another research university with a fair number of courses in your preferred specialisation. Your Degree must be equivalent to a Dutch research university diploma. This will be evaluated once you complete your formal application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We have a number of scholarships available only for international Master’s students. You can find the full list, including details about eligibility requirements and how to apply, on the university's website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.