Additionally, there are two tracks available for obtaining an MS degree in Statistics from Florida State University: the applied statistics track and the mathematical statistics track.
- The master degree in the applied statistics track is for a student preparing for a career as an applied statistician or as a statistical consultant at the MS level. This program emphasizes statistical computation, methodology, and consulting.
- The master degree in the mathematical statistics track places an additional emphasis upon probability theory and statistical inference. This degree prepares graduates to function as statisticians at the MS level and is a preparatory program for pursuing the PhD degree in statistics.
- The MS in Statistics with major in Statistical Data Science Major emphasizes hands-on training in the application of data management and statistical methods and the use of data management, computational, and analytic software geared toward producing highly employable masters degree students. In this program, students will obtain a background in applied statistical methods, and proficiency in the software packages SAS and R to solve data management and analysis problems for the most common scenarios facing data-driven decisions in government and industry.
- The MS in biostatistics degree prepares students to apply statistical principles, processes, applications, and analytical methods to design, implement, and analyze health related studies including both experimental (clinical trials) and observational (epidemiological) studies.
All of the MS degrees provide a route to a career in statistics. Prospective students should note that the MS in statistics, mathematical statistics track and MS in biostatistics degrees provide the best preparation for continuation into the doctoral programs (PhD in statistics or biostatistics) in this department. A student who finishes the applied statistics program can continue into a PhD program upon completion of the core courses for the MS in mathematical statistics or the MS in biostatistics (as given in Tables 4 and 8) and passing the PhD qualifying exams.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistics in Applications
- Distribution Theory and Inference
- Statistical Inference
- Data Management and Analysis with SAS
- Computational Methods in Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data View 468 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- At least a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with at least a "B" average
- A GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is the minimum requirement for admission
- The average GPA of students who were offered admission in Fall 2017 was a 3.310.
- The average GPA of students who were offered assistantships in Fall 2017 was a 3.735.
International19980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State8622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 479 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.