In the progress of their studies, the students of the Bionics Engineering degree from University of Pisa will gather fundamentals of science and technology of biorobotics and neural engineering. They will be also progressively trained to a multi-disciplinary research attitude by means of a fruitful dialogue with scientists from different research fields, such as medicine, biology, neuroscience, as well as with clinicians in the field of rehabilitation and surgery, pioneers of emerging industrials sectors and social scientists. Eventually, the students will enrich their background with specific skills in the following engineering domains:
- biomedical robotics,
- micro/nano technologies
- biomimetics and bio-inspired design of robotic platforms,
- wearable and implantable technologies, and
- advanced simulation environments.
The vision is that modern bionics engineers shall be able to address the entire process leading to the development of a new bionic device, i.e., moving from the user needs to the design, development and validation in a relevant environment of a prototype. Grounded on this vision, the course will be mastered as a balanced mix of theoretical/traditional classes, hands-on sessions, and research activities in world-class research laboratories. In particular, the students will be challenged with experiences such as:
- Design, development and testing of social robots and smart environments for assisted living, active ageing and wellbeing;
- Design, development and testing of neural prostheses, based on of the use of neural tissue engineering and neural interfaces;
- Design, development and testing of artificial and bioartificial organs;
- Development of systems able to mimic the natural senses;
- Design, development and testing of micro/nano robots;
- Analysis of brain functions and development of novel methodologies for processing brain images;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Bioinspired Computational Methods
- Applied Brain Science
- Materials and Instrumentation for Bionics Engineering
- Biomechanics of Human Motion
- Mechanics of Elastic Solids and Biorobotic Structures
- Economic Assessment of Medical Technologies and Robotics for Healthcare
- Electronics for Bionics Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Robotics View 7 other Masters in Robotics in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Bachelor of Science in other disciplines, only if the B.Sc. includes at least the minimal qualifications in terms of gained credits as detailed in the call
- Good knowledge of English language, at least corresponding to an intermediate level (B2 Level in the European Framework for foreign languages).
- A declaration that the candidate holds an academic degree. Applicants must specify the degree title, the University or educational institute that awarded the degree, the degree course duration, the mark achieved (if applicable), the academic year in which the candidate started his/her undergraduate studies and the graduation date.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA356 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 EUR per year during 24 months.
Depending on the country of origin and can vary from 356,000 euros up to 2.452,00 euros (including € 140,00 for Regional taxes, and € 16.00 for stamp duty).
Living costs for Pisa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.