The working environment at the Brandcenter is similar to an advertising agency: Teams of students work together to develop campaigns. After the first year, qualified students are offered internships where they experience ad agency life and foster industry relationships. In their second year, students are given the opportunity to network through a mentoring program in which they are matched with agency professionals who offer advice and assistance.
Student learning outcomes:
- Presentation skills: Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively present/sell their ideas in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Collaboration: Students will demonstrate their ability to work together in cross-functional teams/groups (i.e., copywriter, art director, strategist, brand manager, creative technologist) to develop viable business/marketing solutions.
- Creative and critical problem-solving: Students will demonstrate the ability to research consumer culture (via secondary research, syndicated research and qualitative/quantitative research methods) and evaluate consumer media/technology usage habits to develop media-neutral business solutions.
- Culture: Students will demonstrate an appreciation, interest in and openness for different cultures (both national and international) yielding more relevant, culturally savvy business solutions.
- Craft: Students will demonstrate the ability to execute specific skills related to their individual subconcentration. For art direction these include solid layout/typography skills and strong conceptual thinking ability.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Creative Thinking
- Brand Experiences
- The Business of Branding
- Accounting for Communication Professionals
- Brand Design for Brand Managers
- Strategic Thinking
- Foundations of Brand Management
- Brand Analytics
- Research Methodologies
- Team Building and Leadership for Brand Managers
- Applied Brand Management
- Advanced Brand Management
- Supervised Business Study
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesMarketing Creative Writing View 271 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- Application to graduate study, including the application for Virginia in-state tuition.
- Personal statement submitted with the online application.
- $70 application fee.
- Three reference letters submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts from each institution you attended are required.
- Official test scores, if required by your program.
- Your resume, if requested by the department to which you are applying.
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.