Students who successfully complete this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of one field of science and at least one other field (science or related).
- Analyze and interpret the scientific literature and scientific presentations in the chosen science field and in the related field(s).
- Contribute to the formulation of important research questions that cross multiple disciplines and assist in the investigation of their solutions.
- Communicate research problems and findings both in written and oral formats.
- Engage with experts from multiple fields to assist in the investigation of important problems that cross these fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Rensselaer strongly emphasizes interdisciplinary research programs that bridge disciplines within the School of Science and between the School of Science and the School of Engineering.
Students within multidisciplinary graduate programs are under the tutelage of faculty from more than one discipline. This highly knowledgeable faculty will determine which courses the student needs, develop appropriate examinations, and supervise research activities. The dean of science appoints the doctoral committee and supervises the student’s overall progress.
Students interested in pursuing such multidisciplinary graduate programs must follow Rensselaer’s standard graduate admission guidelines and must seek approval from faculty representing all disciplines related to their individual programs.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Chemistry View 383 other Masters in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate Application
- Nonrefundable application processing fee of $75
- Personal Statement
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Portfolio, if required by department
- IT Background Evaluation form (IT only)
- Transcripts and Degrees
- Degree Equivalency
International54000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National54000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State54000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.