The Business (Concentration in Branding - Art Direction) program from Virginia Commonwealth University is focused on preparing students for successful careers. The working environment is similar to that of agencies and their clients. Teams of students work together to develop ideas and campaigns that solve business problems strategically and creatively. They also learn how to present those ideas in engaging and persuasive ways.
After their first year, qualified students are offered internships where they gain experience and foster industry relationships. In their second year, students have the opportunity to network with professional mentors, guest speakers, alumni and recruiters from agencies and organizations around the country. Once students graduate, they become part of a tight-knit alumni network.
Student learning outcomes
- Presentation skills: Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively present/sell their ideas in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- Collaboration: Students will demonstrate their ability to work together in cross-functional teams/groups (i.e., as art directors, copywriters, creative brand managers, experience designers and strategists) to develop viable business/marketing solutions.
- Creative and critical problem-solving: Students will demonstrate the ability to research consumer culture (via secondary research, syndicated research and qualitative/quantitative research methods) and evaluate consumer media/technology usage habits to develop media-neutral business solutions.
- Culture: Students will demonstrate an appreciation, interest in and openness for different cultures (both national and international) yielding more relevant, culturally savvy business solutions.
- Craft: Students will demonstrate the ability to execute specific skills related to their individual subconcentration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative Thinking
- Brand Experiences
- The Business of Branding
- Advanced Portfolio
- Visual Storytelling
- Problem Solving for Art Directors
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Marketing View 1099 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25956 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25956 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12618 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.