The Master of Arts (MA) in French at Florida Atlantic University features two separate tracks, thesis and non-thesis. In both tracks, students take three core courses: an introduction to the study of literature at the graduate level, a course in critical theory, and a linguistics course on the history and dialectology of the French language. These core courses are followed by a series of graduate seminars chosen from among available graduate electives.
The range of graduate electives extends from medieval topics (the medieval author) to contemporary ones (current translation theory), and from courses on specific authors (such as Proust) to courses covering wider aspects of the French tradition (such as the epistolary novel in the eighteenth century).
- The Master of Arts in French with thesis requires a minimum of 30 credits, including 6 credits for thesis work. In the last semester of study, students complete an oral exam based on the French comprehensive reading list.
- The Master of Arts in French without thesis requires a minimum of 36 credits. In the last semester of study, students complete a comprehensive written and oral examination based in part on the French comprehensive reading list.
- History and Dialectology of French
- Contemporary French Critical Theory
- Le Comique
- L’Auteur Médiéval
- Débattre la Renaissance
- 19th-Century French Fiction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 791 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score and/or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score taken within the last 5 years
- Scores are required regardless of GPA
- Official transcript or transcript evaluation reflecting bachelor’s degree
International30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 371 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Boca Raton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.