Individuals from a wide variety of educational backgrounds, including social sciences, business, architecture, applied arts, engineering, humanities, design, geography, and urban and environmental studies, are encouraged to apply.
The Master of Urban and Regional Planning degree program at Florida Atlantic University is designed to educate future planners, practitioners and decision makers dedicated to the improvement of urban regions.
The research, teaching, and service activities of the School are guided by the recognition and use of multi-scalar systems and activities; the importance of involvement in a range of governance activities; exploitation of emerging technologies; collaborative engagement across disciplines; and the professional curriculum considerations articulated by the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB).
- Courses included:
- History and Theory of Planning
- Urban Governance
- Sustainable Cities
- Legal Aspects of Planning
- Planning Methods
- Planning Urban Services
- Managing GIS Projects .
- GIS Applications in Planning
- Seminar in Urban Planning
- Environmental Planning and Society
- Environmental Analysis in Planning
- Environmental Policy and Programs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Environmental Sciences View 666 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- It is strongly recommended that students apply to the advanced standing program prior to their senior year of study. Applicants must have no academic deficiencies at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a minimum undergraduate FAU GPA of 3.25 in order to be admitted to the program. The GRE will be waived for students admitted to this program. Students will otherwise follow graduate application procedures, as well as departmental requirements, for admission to this program.
- Students who meet the GPA requirement, provide a positive letter of support from a full-time School of Urban and Regional Planning faculty member, and provide a strong letter of intent will be eligible for admission.
International20536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20536 USD per year during 12 months.
National20536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20536 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7440 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Boca Raton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.