The generalist Sociology at Florida Atlantic University track offers students a broad graduate education in sociology that can serve as the basis for a wide array of professional careers in the public and private sector.
The specialist track is designed for students who would pursue a doctoral degree in Sociology. This track offers students the opportunity to design and carry out a research project in a particular area of sociological research under the direct mentorship of a faculty member. Students may apply to be admitted to the specialist track after completing 9 credits in the program.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Critical Perspectives in Social Theory
- Contemporary Social Theory
- Global Environmental Perspectives
- Race and Ethnic Relations
- Sociology of Religion
- State, Economy and Society
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 688 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score and/or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score taken within the last 5 years
- Scores are required regardless of GPA
- Official transcript or transcript evaluation reflecting bachelor’s degree
International30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1026 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 371 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Boca Raton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.