The Medicine curriculum offered by Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun includes a broad range of subjects covering different medical specialties.
The cross-section of disciplines prepares our doctors-to-be for professional practice and helps them choose their future specialization path. The curriculum also includes obligatory 4-week summer placements after years 1-5 in nursing, outpatient health care, family medicine, internal diseases, surgery, emergency medicine, gynecology and obstetrics, and pediatrics. The program begins with a 1-month preparatory course in biology, physics, chemistry and basics of Polish.
Students at Medicine at Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun:
- terminology related to anatomy, histology and embryology in Polish and in English
- structure of the human body in terms of topography (upper and lower limb, chest, abdomen, pelvis, back, neck, head) and function (osteoarticular, muscular, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, genitourinary systems, nervous system and sense organs, common integument)
- topographic relationships between individual organs
- basic cell structures and their functional specialisations
- microarchitecture of tissues, extracellular matrix and organs
- internal medicine
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- Pay admission fee
- Documents in foreign languages must be translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator.
- Candidate must provide a certificate of completing secondary education in country of origin
- Health certificate stating that there are no objections to undertake studies
- Confirmation of health insurance and accident insurance
- 2 colour photographs
- Copy of an ID
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- European Baccalaureate
International10524 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5262 EUR per semester during 72 months.
EU/EEA10524 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5262 EUR per semester during 72 months.
PLN 25 000 per semester
Living costs for Toru´n
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.