The Biology MSc program offered at University of South Florida is designed to foster the development of technical and analytical skills used in existing and emerging fields of discovery. The Department of Integrative Biology emphasizes learning and teaching about the interactions, across all scales, among humans and other diverse organisms in a range of environments. These interactions mediate the resilience of natural biotic systems, and enhance the sustainability of products and processes that are beneficial to ecosystems and consequently to human well-being. Thus, our mission is to create new knowledge and promote learning about ecosystem health and sustainability.
The mission of the Department of Cell Biology, Microbiology and Molecular Biology (CMMB) is to prepare graduate students for professional careers in academia, government or industry in the areas of Cell Biology, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology. We pursue excellence in the following programmatic research areas: genome integrity and mechanisms of aging, bacterial pathogenesis and resistance, structural and computational biology.
Major Research Areas:
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Signal Transduction and Gene Regulation
- Cancer Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Microbiology, Ecology and Evolution
- Environmental and Ecological Microbiology
- Physiology and Morphology
- Selected Topics in Cancer Biology
- Lectures in Contemporary Biology
- Principles of Immunology and Infectious Diseases
- Scientific Grant Writing
- Selected Topics in Biology
- Genetic Engineering and Recombinant DNA Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 525 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- English language proficiency
- GRE scores: Preferred scores of 155V (69th percentile), 150Q (38th percentile), 4.5AW
- It is expected that candidates for the M.S. degrees will have completed courses equivalent to those required for the B.S. in Biology at U.S.F.
- Interviews may be required
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty in sealed envelopes
- A brief essay stating your intended field of research and professional goals
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 24 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.