Faculty members conduct methodological research motivated by collaborative alliances, which in turn contributes to and enhances the department’s educational mission. By focusing on the integration of methodological and collaborative research, students of the Biostatistics (Concentration in Clinical Research and Biostatistics) program at Virginia Commonwealth University develop strong biostatistical and communication skills, enabling them to assume leadership positions in academia, government and industry.
Student learning outcomes
- Experimental design: Students will demonstrate the achievement of an appropriate level of competence in the ability to appraise, modify and/or create, and implement experimental protocols and to design and develop experiments as measured by rubric.
- Integrated knowledge of statistics and bioscience: Students will demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge of the current elements of statistics as related to bioscience and a more detailed understanding of the individual area of scholarship, including an appropriate familiarity with the research literature and the ability to evaluate and critique publications as measured by rubric.
- Oral communication skills: Students will demonstrate the achievement of an appropriate level of oral communication skills with respect to the content, organization, logical flow, presentation and appropriate use of language incorporating the use of visual aids, as measured by rubric.
- Problem-solving skills: Students will demonstrate an appropriate level of skill in the identification and selection of meaningful problems to be addressed in bioscience research, including the ability to defend said identifications and to design and develop appropriate methods to solve said problems as measured by rubric.
- Written communication skills: Students will demonstrate the achievement of an appropriate level of written communication skill with respect to grammar, syntax, spelling and use of vocabulary to effectively present information including the use of figures, tables and citations as measured by rubric.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biostatisticel Consulting
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Craduate Research Methods
- Statistical Methods
- Clinical Trials
- Analysis of Biomedical Data
- Scientific Integrity
- Responsible Scientific Conduct
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Health Sciences View 1374 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.