The name Financial Mathematics means that we focus on the rigorous mathematical understanding of quantitative methods underlying financial problems. The Florida State University MS students share core courses with our beginning PhD students (see the MS and PhD pages for more details), andwe are also one of the few mathematics programs in the US offering a PhD specifically in Financial Mathematics.
- Thirteen Mathematics faculty members support the program, along with faculty from Statistics, Economics, Finance, Scientific Computing, Computer Science, and Risk Management.
- Graduates of the program find employment as financial quants in industry and government, as actuaries, and in academia (see the alumni page).
- The MS degree may be earned as a terminal degree or en route to the PhD, and carries the Professional Science Master's designation.
- Distinguished industry professionals and alumni visit each Spring for our annual Financial Mathematics Festivals.
- Financial Mathematics
- Foundations of Computational Mathematics
- Financial Engineering
- Monte Carlo Methods in Financial Mathematics
- Financial Mathematics Projects
- Scientific Programming
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications completed after April 30 but before June 30 may sometimes be considered if space is available.
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics View 797 other Masters in Finance in United States
- Official GRE general test scores.
- Official transcripts from each college and/or university you have attended.
- The names and email addresses of at least three people who have agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you.
- A completed online Mathematics department application form (click the Start button at the bottom of this page to begin)
International33300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
National33300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State14370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 479 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.