Why study Human Geography - Economic Geography programme offered at Radboud University
- You will receive a thorough training in analytical approaches to study local-global interaction. You will also take part in fundamental discussions on globalisation, spatial inequality, innovation and the future of the capitalist system.
- Although the foundation of this specialisation is economical and geographical, our approach to this theme is highly multidisciplinary to include related fields as sociology, spatial planning, public administration and history.
- Over the past years, Radboud University has made a name for itself in the field of Human Geography for not shying away from critical debates and by researching topics in the field that are of social importance but not always favoured with large (EU) funding. We’re known for not staying on the beaten path.
The Master's specialisation in Economic Geography provides graduates entry into rapidly growing sectors of the job market, be it government, business or academia. Graduates will be able to apply the scientific insights and practical skills acquired to topics as varied as local behaviour of firms, business relations, phenomena of industrial agglomeration and economic clustering, the pivotal role of the state, local and global culture, and policymaking at various spatial levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economic Geographies: Foundations, Critiques and Alternatives
- Placemaking and Spatial Practice
- Preparing the Master’s Thesis
- Economy, Space and Culture in Nijmegen
- Master's Thesis and Internship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Radboud University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but may not be able to offer assistance with accommodation.
DisciplinesEconomics Geography Sociology View 24 other Masters in Geography in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to get admission to this Master's you will need a completed Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent, from a research university) from a geography-related discipline, such as Spatial Planning, Geography, Environment Studies.
- For students with a completed Bachelor's degree (or equivalent, from a research university) in a related area your prior education might first needs to be approved by the examination Board in order to enroll in the study programme, by matter of an intake interview.
- Proficiency in English
- Because of the academic nature of this programme, we require all our students to have basic training in research processes, e.g. research design and data analysis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.