Why study Human Geography - Economic Geography programme offered at Radboud University
- You will receive a thorough training in analytical approaches to study local-global interaction. You will also take part in fundamental discussions on globalisation, spatial inequality, innovation and the future of the capitalist system.
- Although the foundation of this specialisation is economical and geographical, our approach to this theme is highly multidisciplinary to include related fields as sociology, spatial planning, public administration and history.
- Over the past years, Radboud University has made a name for itself in the field of Human Geography for not shying away from critical debates and by researching topics in the field that are of social importance but not always favoured with large (EU) funding. We’re known for not staying on the beaten path.
The Master's specialisation in Economic Geography provides graduates entry into rapidly growing sectors of the job market, be it government, business or academia. Graduates will be able to apply the scientific insights and practical skills acquired to topics as varied as local behaviour of firms, business relations, phenomena of industrial agglomeration and economic clustering, the pivotal role of the state, local and global culture, and policymaking at various spatial levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economic Geographies: Foundations, Critiques and Alternatives
- Placemaking and Spatial Practice
- Preparing the Master’s Thesis
- Economy, Space and Culture in Nijmegen
- Master's Thesis and Internship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
Radboud University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but may not be able to offer assistance with accommodation.
DisciplinesEconomics Geography Sociology View 60 other Masters in Sociology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to get admission to this Master's you will need a completed Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent, from a research university) from a geography-related discipline, such as Spatial Planning, Geography, Environment Studies.
- For students with a completed Bachelor's degree (or equivalent, from a research university) in a related area your prior education might first needs to be approved by the examination Board in order to enroll in the study programme, by matter of an intake interview.
- Proficiency in English
- Because of the academic nature of this programme, we require all our students to have basic training in research processes, e.g. research design and data analysis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11471 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11471 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.