Solid preparation in linguistics is indispensable to any specialization at the graduate level.
Although the courses deal with a variety of linguistic topics, three facets of linguistics are strongly emphasized in the graduate program:
- A pragmatic approach to the study of language structure and use, variation and change, and acquisition and learning
- An empirical, live-data, fieldwork, experimental, and cross-linguistic approach to the methodology of linguistic research
- Interdisciplinary emphasis on the place of human language in its wider natural context
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Phonology
- Functional Syntax
- Seminar: [Topic]
- Linguistic Theory: Phonology
- Linguistic Theory: Syntax
- Linguistic Theory: Semantics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 911 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Students are required to have at least two years of one second language within the past seven years.
- At the M.A. level, any foreign language is acceptable, including English for an international student whose first language is not English.
- It should be noted that the M.A. language may count toward the two language requirements for the Ph.D. program if the language is used as a research language (see Ph.D. requirements).
International35211 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35211 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National35211 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35211 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.