Our graduate programs in Environmental Studies at the University of Oregon are interdisciplinary, drawing on resources and faculty throughout the university, including the College of Arts and Sciences; College of Design; School of Journalism and Communication; and School of Law. Currently, more than 100 faculty members from thirty different departments and programs are officially affiliated with Environmental Studies.
- Currently, more than 100 faculty members from thirty different departments and programs are officially affiliated with Environmental Studies.
- These faculty have research and teaching interests in environmental issues ranging from the global to the local, including climate change, conservation biology, ecocriticism, ecology, endangered species conservation, environmental economics, environmental ethics, environmental law, green architecture and design, land use planning, marine resources, political ecology, public land management, sustainability, transportation, urban growth, water resources, and many other areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our graduate curriculum emphasizes flexible and individualized programs. We encourage innovative and interdisciplinary work culminating in first-rate, interdisciplinary scholarship and creative projects that draw from the natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, environmental design, law and policy, journalism, and education.
- Students design an individualized course plan and select faculty mentors from across the university to advise them in developing and completing their projects and theses. Students may also take courses and work with faculty at our partner institutions, Oregon State University and Portland State University. Many of our students pursue concurrent degrees in law; planning, public policy, and management; landscape architecture; Arts and Sciences departments; and other fields.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 606 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Confirm that you are an international student applicant.
- Complete and submit the University of Oregon online application.
- Complete and submit all additional materials required by the department or program.
- Submit official transcript(s) to the Office of the Registrar.
- Submit documentation of English language proficiency.
International30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 24 months.
National30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18120 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Eugene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.