The Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Higher Education at Florida State University prepares individuals for careers in administration, management, and leadership in public and private, two-year and four-year colleges, universities, and other institutions.
Coursework and other learning experiences, such as internships and graduate assistantships, add practical experience to the learning process. In general, the curriculum is designed to provide students with appropriate knowledge about the professional field while grounding students in the theoretical framework necessary to guide current and future study and career development in higher education.
Many courses use practical examples, case studies, and simulations to facilitate theory to practice learning opportunities and applications. Students may choose an emphasis in Student Affairs or General Administration. Students typically secure entry-level positions following graduation.
- Student Success in College
- Higher Education in America: Basic Understandings
- Diversity in Higher Education
- Outcomes of Undergraduate Education
- Practicum in Student Personnel
- American College Student
- Capstone in Higher Education
- Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education View 156 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
To complete the process in the Office of Admissions, applicants must submit the following:
- An official transcript from each college or university attended.
- Official nationally standardized graduate admission test scores.
- The residency form, if applicable.
- Submit official English Proficiency Test Scores if your native language is not English.
- Determine if the major/program of interest has a different application deadline and/or additional major/program criteria, e.g., research interests, letters of recommendation, personal statement, interviews/portfolios/auditions, or other factors specified by the program.
International33300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State14370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 479 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.