Our Couples and Family Therapy (CFT) master’s program from the University of Oregon is for people who want to develop advanced counseling skills and provide counseling services for individuals, couples, intimate partners, and families.
- This program prepares students to become professional family therapists in preparation for licensure in any US state that offers an LMFT license.
- Our program uses a cohort model, meaning students generally start together and graduate with each other. Clinical supervision courses are small (6–8 students to each faculty member), and we emphasize a noncompetitive environment that places high value on acceptance, cooperation, and respect for diversity.
The CFT program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (link is external) (AAMFT) since 2003, and approved by the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists (link is external) (OBLPCT).
- Although there are no prerequisite degree-specific requirements—a bachelor’s degree in any discipline, minimally, is required.
- The Couples and Family Therapy (CFT) program leads to a master of science (MS) degree.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Counselling Psychology View 637 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Confirm that you are an international student applicant.
- Complete and submit the University of Oregon online application.
- Complete and submit all additional materials required by the department or program.
- Submit official transcript(s) to the Office of the Registrar.
- Submit documentation of English language proficiency.
International30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 24 months.
National30567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30567 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18120 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Eugene
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.