The Mater's specialisation in Conservation and Restoration Ecology is focused on understanding the relationships between organisms and their environment. Students in this programme will learn how to unravel these relationships, as well as gaining experience by conducting extensive research on a topic they are passionate about.
This programme is closely associated with the Institute for Water and Wetland Research, a leading institute in wet ecology. Students can choose to do a research internship under one of the many experts at this institute, or they can draw on Radboud's extensive network to find a research abroad.
Together, the specialisations within the Master’s in Biology cover the whole range from organism to ecosystem and environment, which means you can define your exact study path along the way
Would you like to know if you are eligible to be admitted to this programme? Take our E-Check and instantly get an insight in your eligibility: echeck.ru.nl
What will you learn?
Get an extensive background in academic research, and learn how to conduct experiments and present your findings
Learn how to apply theoretical knowledge to the conservation and restoration of ecosystems
- Gain an insight into the science and management of ecosystems
After graduation, our students quickly take up positions as researchers in universities, research institutes, government departments or companies. And – often after obtaining their PhD degree – they also apply their academic background to societal issues, for example as a communications or policy officer. In general, our graduates end up as a:
- Researcher at a university or research institute
- Researcher in a company, either a large or a start-up company such as B-Ware
- Researcher at a governmental institute or an NGO (think of nature monitoring and recovering organisations)
- Consultant at a governmental organisation, like a water board, municipality or ministry
- Consultant at a consulting firm
- Policy officer
- Communications officer at nature organisation
- Teacher in biology (College or secondary education level)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation in Biology and Environmental Sciences
- Quantitative Conservation Biology
- Management of Ecosystems
- Microbiology of Wetland Ecosystems
- Environmental and Ecological Modelling
- Ecology and Management of Large Rivers
- Integrated Water Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- 1 April: Final deadline
- 1 July: Final deadline
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Ecology View 69 other Masters in Biology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree
- A proficiency in English
- Conservation and Restoration Biology (Ecology) 6 EC
- Plant Ecology 6 EC
- Animal Ecology 6 EC
- Conservation Ecology 6 EC
- Practical/ Fieldwork 6 EC
- Environmental 6 EC
- Biochemistry 6 EC
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We have a number of scholarships available only for international Master’s students. You can find the full list, including details about eligibility requirements and how to apply, on the university's website
- Please do note, that most of these scholarships are not fully funded. The Radboud Scholarship Programme (RSP) is the only scholarship that offers both fully and partially funded scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.