The Master's program in Family & Child Sciences at Florida State University focuses on family processes and empirically supported relational interventions.
The research, teaching, and service activities primarily address three areas:
- Relationship development and enhancement in young adults, couples, and families
- Distressed families and relational interventions
- The link between parenting processes and relational outcomes
Some master’s students cap their coursework with an internship and special project. Others complete a research project (thesis) and use this degree as the first step to a doctorate in Family Relations.
- Advanced Child Development
- Professional Development in FCS
- Advanced Family Studies
- Theories of Child Development
- Theories of Family Sciences
- Methods of Research
- Applied Research in Human Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Social Work Ethnic Studies View 512 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- An upper-division undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The same scale applies for
- any graduate-level work.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree program from an accredited institution. If a non-related degree
- was earned, some leveling courses may be required.
- A competitive revised Graduate Record Examination (rGRE) score; recommended score of above
- the 50th percentile in both verbal and quantitative sections with a 4.0 or higher on the writing
International16650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State7185 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 479 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.