It is designed to produce professionals in the many areas of culture heritage preservation who are firmly grounded in the fundamentals of anthropology.
This is a broad option, which can accommodate students with interests in a variety of areas, including:
- Cultural Resource Management, Historic Preservation, Prehistoric Archaeology, and similar archaeologically focused studies
- Ethnohistory, Tribal Recognition, Culture Preservation, Language Retention, and similar ethnographically focused studies
- Museology, Educational Anthropology, Public Archaeology, and similar areas that focus on interpreting cultures for the general public
The curriculum of the Anthropology - Cultural Heritage Option program of The University of Montana is chosen in consultation with an appropriate faculty advisor, who will help guide the student toward appropriate classes for fulfilling their goals. Since this option is designed to train professionals, the focus is on practical professional experiences, which may include an internship with an appropriate company or agency. Out of which will emerge a professional paper, exhibit, portfolio, or other original creative work that is used to satisfy the MA degree requirements. Students who satisfactorily complete one of the following sets of requirements (plans) will earn the Master of Arts degree in Anthropology with the Cultural Heritage option.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cont Anthro Thought
- Research Design & Proposal Preparation
- Cultural Heritage Policy & Practice
- History of Anthropology
- Anthropological Data Analysis
- Public Anthropology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology View 168 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
- A Bachelors of Arts or Sciences degree
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for the M.A. degree program
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) scores and/or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores
- Positive letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose that indicates professional goals compatible with the research specialties of the faculty.
International15254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15254 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15254 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15254 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State4452 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4452 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.