Graduates are found in major corporations, higher education, health care organizations, state and federal agencies, nonprofit and community-based organizations and human services agencies. Admission to the program is predicated on the “whole person” concept, taking into account life experience, academic record, references and the reasons for the student’s interest in the program. An interview with the program adviser is recommended prior to admission. Successful applicants will have sufficient prior work experience with adults as learners to enable them to bring relevant work experience into the classroom learning environment.
The program provides a foundation in educational research methods and a strong core of seven courses in the theory and practice of adult learning, including emphasis in development of facilitation skills, as well as the design and delivery of adult learning programs. Upon completion of the foundation and core courses, students choose one of three concentration areas: adult literacy, human resource development (learning in the workplace) or teaching and learning with technology. The last course in the program, a capstone seminar in action learning, reunites students from all three concentrations for a comprehensive synthesis experience as they work in action learning teams to solve a real problem of strategic importance to an organization in the community.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Education
- Adult Learning and Development
- Design and Delivery of Adult Learning Programs
- Consulting Skills In Adult Learning Environments
- Learning in Groups and Teams
- Capstone Seminar in Action Learning
- Adult Literacy and Diversity
- Lifespan Issues for Adults with Learning and Behavioral Disabilities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesAdult Education View 105 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
- Application to graduate study, including the application for Virginia in-state tuition.
- Personal statement submitted with the online application.
- $70 application fee.
- Three reference letters submitted through the online application.
- Transcripts from each institution you attended are required.
- Official test scores, if required by your program.
- Your resume, if requested by the department to which you are applying.
International27971 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27971 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National14497 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14497 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.