The Lawrence-based Mass Communications Journalism program at University of Kansas offers professional and thesis courses, emphasizing the study of real-world media issues, critical thinking skills, and media use.
The program provides advanced professional and scholarly skills that will allow you to operate at the highest levels of the industry. Participants are expected to have basic media knowledge.
The Lawrence-based program offers the opportunity to specialize in one of four areas of study: Sports media, Health Science Communication, Digital Media Entrepreneurship / Leadership, and the MSJD. Students also learn the discipline’s theory and methods to explore the causes and effects of media issues. Students take advanced seminars and a concentration of their own choosing. Students then complete a thesis under the direction of a faculty advisor.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research: Theory
- Research: Methods
- Mass Media & Society
- Advanced Studies First Amendment
- Introduction to Statistical Analysis
- Professional Skills I or Elective
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesJournalism View 106 other Masters in Journalism in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript of all college-level courses. (From each college attended) Expected GPA: 3.0 or above
- Joint MSJ/JD applicants must submit LSAT scores. Test must have been taken within the last five years.
- A current resume
- Statement of academic interests and professional goals
- Three letters of reference from persons familiar with the applicant's abilities. At least one reference must be an academic reference if you have been out of school less than 5 years.
International19322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19322 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National24023 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24023 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10061 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.