For current educators and related service professionals working with students with ASD, the online Autism Spectrum Disorders program at University of Kansas is designed to sow empathy, efficiency, and empowerment into your work. Master’s students will advance their understanding of the characteristics of ASD and how it affects development, formal and informal assessment methods, instructional strategies, and effective teaching practices. By learning more about students who require intensive and highly individualized education, and those who need less intensive support and services, we can assure that each person with autism spectrum disorder has the opportunity to reach their full potential, improve their quality of life, and participate in all aspects of citizenship.
Graduates of the online master’s in autism spectrum disorder program serve as special educators, autism specialists, or behavior specialists at the local or state level. Outside of education, they may choose to utilize their knowledge by working with Applied Behavior Analysis clinics or pursue work as a therapist in specialty areas, which may include occupational therapists, speech language pathologists or therapists, or art therapists.
- Application of Assessment Information for Exceptional Children and Youth
- Methods for Learners With Higher-functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Teaching Language and Communication Skills to Learners With Autism and Developmental Disabilities
- Family and Interprofessional Collaboration in Special Education
- Advanced Practicum With Exceptional Children Needing an Autism Spectrum Curriculum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 1254 other Masters in Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Kansas and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed online application form
- Official transcript of completed bachelor’s degree from accredited university*
- Application fee
- Letter of introduction stating your area of interest and licensure status
- Name, email and position for three professional references
- Current resume or CV
- Proof of English proficiency (for non-native English-speaking applicants)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
International18473 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18473 USD per year during 12 months.
National18473 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18473 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8002 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8002 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.