The Master's in Special Education - Adaptive-High Incidence Disabilities at the University of Kansas School of Education provides graduate preparation focused on:
- Meeting the educational needs of students with learning and/or behavior disabilities.
- Strategies to promote access to the general curriculum as well as knowledge about how to address the unique learning and support needs of individual students.
- Intensive academic and behavioral support strategies.
- Strategies to work as co-teachers, consultants, and resource teachers who help classroom teachers adapt content and conditions for diverse and struggling learners.
To obtain a Special Education High Incidence Endorsement, one must hold a current general education license (early childhood, elementary, or secondary).
Students can obtain a Master's degree or may study for endorsement only (non-degree).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Char, Meth & Assess: Online Intro to Struggling Learners & Students w/High Incidence Disabilities
- Meth & Assess: Lit Interventions for Struggling Learners & Students w/High Incidence Disabilities
- Practicum: High-Incidence
- Meth: Func Behavioral Assess, PBS & Classrm Mgmnt
- Adv Meth & Assess: Learning Strategies & Content Mastery for Struggling Learners & Students w/High Incidence Disabilities
- Adv Meth & Assess: Strat for Stud w/ Signfcnt Behavioral, Social & Emotional Needs
- Family & Interprofessional Collab in Special Education
- Trans Ed & Svcs from Child-Adult
- Adv Practicum: High Incidence
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 653 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- To be considered for admission, prospective students must have completed a bachelor’s degree with a GPA greater than 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 should contact an admission advisor for information about provisional admissions.
- Copies of official transcripts confirming Bachelor’s degree (upload on application). Advising Report forms are not accepted.
- Letter of Introduction (uploaded on application)
International19322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19322 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National24023 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24023 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10061 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.