Within these organizations, the graduate program supports careers in the integration, design and administration of learning technology.
University of Kansas's Master's degree in Educational Technology consists of 36 credit hours of coursework, a final exam, and the production of a portfolio that reflects your educational technology competencies. Depending on your career aspirations, you will develop a demonstrated understanding of content and skills that are aligned with universally-recognized standards, including: the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) Standards and the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards.
Benefits of the program include:
- No GRE Requirement – Emphasis for admission eligibility is based on prior academic record, your professional/personal recommendations and writing samples – rather than a standardized test score.
- Program Reputation - KU’s Master’s Degree in Educational Technology is offered through the KU School of Education, which was recently ranked 8th in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Public Education Schools.
- Professional Network - KU has established itself KU as a national leader in developing highly regarded eLearning tools and resources that serve millions of users every week.
- Understanding Research in Education
- Instructional Media Development
- Foundations of Learning Technology
- Social Media Technology
- Integration of Learning Technology
- Constructivist Learning Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- If you are an international applicant, we strongly encourage you to complete the application process well in advance of these deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Technology Management View 247 other Masters in Technology Management in United States
- Regular admission requires a bachelor’s degree and a grade-point average (GPA) of at least a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) from a regionally accredited institution, like KU, or a foreign university with substantially equivalent bachelor’s degree requirements.
- If you are an international applicant, we strongly encourage you to complete the application process well in advance of these deadlines, in order to ensure adequate time for processing of visa-related paperwork. The graduate admissions committee will make selections when all support documents have been received.
International19826 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19826 USD per year during 12 months.
National18527 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18527 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8056 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8056 USD per year during 12 months.
- Annual tuition for 18 credits
Living costs for Lenexa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.