University of Kansas students in the Master's Degree program in East Asian Languages and Cultures - East Asian Cultures study under close supervision with nationally known scholars of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. The graduate program trains students who will devote themselves to becoming effective links between East Asia and the United States.
Students concentrate in Chinese, Japanese, or East Asian Cultures, usually entering the program with at least two years of college-level language. The program typically takes two years to complete, including the defense of a required Master's thesis.
- Research topics in different areas of concentration
- Religious studies
- Film and media studies
- History of east asian culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 696 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- A current C.V. (Curriculum Vitae) or resume.
- A Statement of Purpose explaining your academic objectives. Please describe the research interests and goals that you intend to pursue in light of specific strengths that can be found among the faculty at KU.
- A writing sample that demonstrates your writing skills and basic research capacity. A research paper from a previous upper-level undergraduate course will suffice.
- The names and emails of three references. These references will be contacted directly by KU for letters of recommendation. Please alert your references in advance.
- Transcripts from all institutions from which a degree was obtained and from all institutions attended post-bachelor's. *
- Official GRE scores (strongly recommended)
International19322 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19322 USD per year during 12 months.
National18017 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18017 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7546 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.