We offer a master degree in Nuclear Engineering at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Additionally, the program includes a competitive Senior Design Program, maintains two world-class research facilities, and is home to a highly active student section of the American Nuclear Society.
- Both the NE Program and the MANE Department are home to several active student groups which supplement courses and academic work with extracurricular and off-campus experiences.
- The NE program is fortunate to have a very active sections of the American Nuclear Society, the professional society for nuclear engineers, and the nuclear engineering honor society Alpha Nu Sigma. Advising the MANE department, the Student Advisory Council participates in various departmental functions, including the interviewing of prospective faculty members, the production of guest lectures and seminars, and departmental representation in outreach events.
- Today, these groups provide the program with a wide array of student resources and activities, and also host technical presentations and seminars online.
- At Rensselaer, concentrations are available in fission reactor physics, reactor engineering, health physics, thermal-hydraulics, reliability and safety, and reactor materials.
- Boasting unique and state-of-the-art research facilities, Rensselaer students have access to a critical reactor, a large electron accelerator, and modern computer interfacing technology.
- With today's need for inexpensive sources of energy, Rensselaer nuclear engineering graduates are in great demand for positions in industry or graduate study. Additionally, there are exciting possibilities in space power propulsion, fusion reactor engineering, medicine, and national defense.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Nuclear Engineering View 169 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate Application
- Nonrefundable application processing fee of $75
- Personal Statement
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Portfolio, if required by department
- IT Background Evaluation form (IT only)
- Transcripts and Degrees
- GRE/GMAT Scores
International57100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57100 USD per year during 12 months.
National57100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57100 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Troy
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.