This program is designed as a hybrid online/on-campus format and gives students two pathway options: one-year pathway and two-year pathway. Additionally, you will need to have passed the GRE or equivalent Praxis exams. Once admitted, you will be required to attain 31 credits. The required coursework will include a sequence of methods / seminar classes, as well as classes in core education areas such as educational psychology, special education, education policy, literacy, and assessment. Students in this program will also need to complete six elective credits from options within the College of Education or the College of Arts & Sciences, to be approved by the appropriate program chair.
The STEM Education at the University of Kentucky program follows a clinical model and provides student with ample practical experience with a sequence of university research / industry externships, diverse field placements, and student teaching. Students will need to successfully complete the Praxis exam in their area of certification, as well as the Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) Praxis. The remaining exit requirements for program completion include a passing mark on the master’s exam and completion of an online portfolio of key assignments tagged with accompanying standards. Meeting the exit requirements will result in an approval for certification to accompany the approval to receive the master’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum and Instruction in STEM Education
- History of STEM Education
- Effective Use of Technology for Modeling-Based Inquiry in STEM Education
- Advanced Elementary Mathematics Methods
- Advanced Studies in Teaching Elementary School Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3550 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The University of Kentucky requires a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) on the Test of
- English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants whose native language is not English
- (or who did not graduate from an accredited English-speaking College or University). The
- equivalent score on the computer version of the TOEFL is 213 and the internet-based test is 79.
- Applicants may also utilize the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to
- satisfy the language requirement. A minimum mean band score of 6.5 is required. Submitted
- scores must be no more than two years old.
International32564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32564 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National32564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32564 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State13404 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13404 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.