You gain the skills to be a safe, reflective, autonomous, professional practitioner able to manage clients across their lifespan in a variety of settings. Core skills underpinning physiotherapy include manual therapy, therapeutic exercise and functional movement analysis. Appropriate intervention is underpinned by sound clinical reasoning and problem solving within the context of an evidence-based approach to clinical practice. We take a problem-based approach to learning, which includes opportunities to share aspects of learning with students from other allied health professions to promote teamwork and an appreciation of how other disciplines contribute to healthcare.
This Physiotherapy (pre-registration) programme from Teesside University is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council and accredited by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. Successful completion of the course provides eligibility to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Opportunities are available for employment within the NHS, private sector or charitable trusts – in hospitals, GP surgeries, schools, industry and in the community. You could also consider a career working in clinical research or teaching, in the UK or overseas.
On successful completion of the course you'll be eligible to apply for membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Anatomy, Physiology and Biomechanics for Physiotherapy Practice
- Integrated Physiotherapy Practice
- Physiotherapy Practice Placements
- The Physiotherapy Professional
- Personal and Professional Development in Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy in the Management of Long-term and Life-limiting Conditions
- Physiotherapy Practice Placements
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Administration Health Sciences View 159 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We are unable to reconsider unsuccessful applicants in the same application cycle, however you can reapply in the future you will be required to meet the criteria as if you were a first time applicant.
- You should normally have an honours degree (at least 2.1) in an appropriate discipline
Admission to the course is dependent upon:
- academic entry requirements being met
- satisfactory application form
- successful interview
- satisfactory references
- completed work-based risk assessment process
- receipt of a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.