Our program, which employs classroom and field-based learning experiences, welcomes students who wish to advance current careers or pursue new ones in the industry. Our location in Washington, D.C., which has become a tourism-industry pulse point, home to many industry-related associations, serves as a vast classroom. It offers immense opportunities for practical experience, professional networking and career development.
Full-time students can complete the M.T.A. program in one and a half to two years; part-time students can finish the degree within three years.
Hybrid Online/On-Campus MTA Option
The Master of Tourism Administration program at George Washington University is also offered in a hybrid on-campus/online format. This option is designed specifically for busy professionals, allowing them to work around their schedules while completing MTA coursework.
The hybrid format option provides the best of both worlds — offering all the core program requirements online and a combined set of concentration courses online featuring the best of events, tourism, hospitality, and sport, while also allowing students the option of taking on campus and/or international study abroad courses. The program can be completed entirely online or a combination of both.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sustainable Destination Development
- Quantitative Applications in Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Management Research
- Conference and Exposition Management
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Law: Contracts and Negotiations
- Destination Marketing
- Advanced Topical Studies
- Thesis Seminar
- Thesis Research
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Tourism & Leisure View 99 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Either the Graduate Admissions Management Test or the Graduate Records Exam.
- Two (2) recommendations
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
- Statement of purpose: In an essay limited to 500 words
- Additional requirements: A current resumé is required.
International37700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1885 USD per credit during 18 months.
National37700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1885 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.